Monday, August 22, 2022

Trying Hard

 It might seem that nothing is going on with me right now.

I wish.

January started my intimate familiarity with COVID. While the initial illness passed in a reasonable time the after-illness was six months of dizziness, fatigue, and pain. The only thing that helped was the Phizer booster shot. Now I'm better but the lasting effects are annoying. My ability to recognize people is fine but names don't rise to the surface easily. I also noticed that my sense of time was reset. I don't have a sense of how much time has passed or feel time slow or speed up with my activity. It's a very strangely specific issue. 

I don't know how long it will be before I feel like myself again. Maybe this is my new normal but I'm not going to let it stop me from making art. That's one of the few things in my life that gives me true joy. 

Thank goodness I didn't loose THAT!


No comments: